Although it might seem like it sometimes, there aren’t a hundred things to think about and learn in order to achieve business success. There are a few things, if done right, that make all the difference. These include:
- sales – if you haven’t got sales you haven’t got a business so you need the right product aimed at the right people and you need to know how to help them to buy.
- marketing – be clear about your target market, what problem you solve for them and why they should buy from you and nobody else – get this right and you won’t need to compete on price and your marketing will be far more cost-effective.
- customer service – it doesn’t necessarily have to be great (just look at McDonalds) it just has to be consistently at the level your customers expect
- repeat business and referrals – an emphasis on repeat business and building a base of customers who will rave about what you do so they’ll do the selling for you – you can cut your marketing bill by 70% if you get this right making you significantly more profitable.
- financial control – absolute focus on the critical numbers in your business. This means good financial systems, sticking to a budget and knowing the trends in your key productivity indicators – if you’re not keeping score then how do you know if you’re winning?
- simple systems that are used every day to make sure that routine activities are always done in the same way – coming back to consistency…
- great leadership… every successful business depends on a team of people who need a great leader to hire the right people, provide them with direction, create clarity of purpose, focus on goals and inspiration when the going gets tough.
The key to success is knowing how to do these things, doing them well and believing in yourself.
If you don’t know how to improve these seven areas in your business there are loads of workshops and seminars in Newcastle every week. Check out Eventbrite, NECC or other forums for a list…
Alternatively, our ActionCLUB syllabus covers precisely these seven topics in fortnightly sessions over a 3 month period and is a proven foundation for business growth. Here’s the course outline.
If you know how, but still aren’t getting the results you want, that’s when business coaching helps.
To find out more about ActionCLUB, get in touch.
[vCitaMeetingScheduler type=contact width=400 height=450]